She said Hola, ¿Cómo estás?! In just 18 days this is what I will be saying the second I touch town in Vallarta! I have been posting about this vaca for a few weeks now so as you can probably guess I am a lil bit excited! I haven’t been on a “real” vacation in two years! YES TWO YEARS!! I have gone on a few weekend getaways to Whistler or added couple of days on to a work trip but I am finally going away for more than a few days.. I will be in Vallarta for 10 days and will be out of the office for 14! (SOOO EXCITED!!!)
Up until a few years ago I was one of those people who would legit pack the night before a trip. I always ended up bringing shit I didn’t need and forgetting the shit I did need.. So now I like to “adult” and try to prep myself well in advance.. I figured since I am getting myself prepared I would share it with all of you for your next vaca!
- Online shop in advance! After my last post I think you know I have already got this one covered. Don’t wait until the last-minute to buy the things you want or need! Make sure you give yourself enough time for delivery, trying on and returning if need be..
- Plan your outfits! There is nothing worse than bringing a whole bunch of different clothes and then when you go to put an outfit together nothing works.. Try to plan at least one outfit per night with a few back ups just in case something doesn’t work. I also suggest bringing items you can style differently and wear more than once if necessary.. Planning your outfits also ensures you don’t over pack!
- Make a list. I know this seems kind of lame.. but nothing feels quite as good as checking an item of a list right?? Also it ensures that you don’t forget anything important.. like your PASSPORT!
- Always bring extras in your carry-on! I learned this lesson the hard way! I’ll never forget arriving in Vallarta on NYE.. waiting for my bag to come out and nothing.. I was without luggage for 3 days! Yes, you can always go shop (and i love to shop) but depending on where you are travelling selections of stores may be slim.. I always suggest packing an extra pair of panties, a bikini, toothbrush, and an extra set of clothes…
- Feel good about not being in the office. I know this one seems a little strange but the worst thing you can do is not get something done at work and then stress the entire time you are away.. I am the worst at disconnecting.. I always check my work emails in case I forgot something.. but this time I have done as much preparing as possible so I can leave for two weeks and actually get a much-needed time out. Also if you do forget something don’t sweat it.. unless you are a Doctor.. no one will die..
So there are my top 5 things I do to prep for vacation.. what do you do? Am I forgetting anything?? would love to hear from you!