For those of you that know me or have read my blog for a while you know that I have a thing for pancakes! Up until about 6 months ago I was making pancakes for breakfast every Sunday! It’s one of those things that reminds me of my childhood! Loved pancakes on Sunday mornings! It has been awhile since I made pancakes and I have actually been missing them.. So when I found this recipe I was pretty excited! Wasn’t exactly the same with out the syrup but they still hit the spot.. Super tasty and fluffy! I actually like them better than protein pancakes!
If you are eating Keto or want a low carb option for pancakes I suggest you check out this recipe.
Basic Keto Pancakes
1 Serving = 2/3 small pancake (1.6g Net Carbs, 228 calories, 19.9g Fat, 8 g Protein)
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
You can add stevia if you want but I didn’t.. You can also switch out the cinnamon for vanilla extract or vanilla bean powder
- Melt the coconut oil (in microwave or over low medium heat)
- Crack eggs into a bowl or cup and add the melted coconut oil. Beat using a hand whisk or blend in MagicBullet
- Add the coconut flour, baking soda, cinnamon and ACV. Mix until well combined
- You can add a splash of water if too thick
- Grease pan with left over coconut oil. Using a spoon or ladle, create two or three small pancakes
- Cook on low heat for about 5 minutes. Then, flip on the other side and cook for about 1 minute more
- Top with fresh or frozen berries, berry jam, whipped cream or creamed coconut.