For those of you that know me or have read my blog for a while you know that I have a thing for pancakes! Up until about 6 months ago I was making pancakes for breakfast every Sunday! It’s one of those things that reminds me of my childhood! Loved pancakes on Sunday mornings! It has been awhile since I made pancakes and I have actually been missing them.. So when I found this recipe I was pretty excited! Wasn’t exactly the same with out the syrup but they still hit the spot.. Super tasty and fluffy! I actually like them better than protein pancakes!
If you are eating Keto or want a low carb option for pancakes I suggest you check out this recipe.
Basic Keto Pancakes
1 Serving = 2/3 small pancake (1.6g Net Carbs, 228 calories, 19.9g Fat, 8 g Protein)
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
You can add stevia if you want but I didn’t.. You can also switch out the cinnamon for vanilla extract or vanilla bean powder
- Melt the coconut oil (in microwave or over low medium heat)
- Crack eggs into a bowl or cup and add the melted coconut oil. Beat using a hand whisk or blend in MagicBullet
- Add the coconut flour, baking soda, cinnamon and ACV. Mix until well combined
- You can add a splash of water if too thick
- Grease pan with left over coconut oil. Using a spoon or ladle, create two or three small pancakes
- Cook on low heat for about 5 minutes. Then, flip on the other side and cook for about 1 minute more
- Top with fresh or frozen berries, berry jam, whipped cream or creamed coconut.
Laying in bed on this rainy Saturday and the last thing I want to do is get my ass to the gym! I will go.. just not yet.. Since I am being a tad lazy I thought now would be a great time to write a quick update on how I have been doing with this whole eating Keto.
I have to say it has actually been pretty easy. The first week was easier because I was at home and had all the time in the world.. This week was a bit of a challenge with being at work.. Meal planning is a must! Work is also a challenge because there is fucking candy and chocolates everywhere! I actually got to work on Monday and there was a delivery waiting for me.. I opened it up and it was a big tin of popcorn and a bunch of other yummy treats! I died a little inside every time I watched one of my coworkers enjoy my treats! I did have a few moments of weakness.. I ate 2 gummy bears and a piece of chocolate but considering I am the sugar monster that wasn’t so bad!
In my first 5 days I lost 3 pounds but the scale has not moved at all in the last 5 days! Its making me a bit frustrated but I’m not going to give up. I feel good.. my stomach hasn’t been bothering me and Im not bloated! Im pretty confident that I will lose those last 7 pounds before my trip and if not oh well.. I feel pretty good and that’s what matters most…
Anyways that’s my update for the week. I need to drink this delicious bulletproof coffee and get my ass to the gym! I’ll be sure to write another update again next week. In the meantime.. check out some of the meals I have been making! So much YUM!
Hope you enjoy….
xoxo – jos
For as long as I can remember I have been drinking Green Smoothies.. so when I started researching the Keto diet I was surprised to not see a single green smoothie on the meal plan. However, there was a Chocolate smoothie.. and well this made me pretty happy because I love chocolate! Anyways here is the recipe.. Hope you enjoy!
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup vega chocolate protein powder
- 1 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup water + few ice cubes
Instructions: Add chia seeds, coconut milk, water, and ice to the blender. Add the coconut oil and vega chocolate protein powder. Pulse until smooth and serve immediately!
Coconut oil will boost fat burn and work great in this recipe. Make sure you blend the coconut oil well or it will solidify!
So today is my first full day of attempting to eat Keto.. So far so good. This morning I made the most delish frittata and it had BACON on it! Super easy and took about 45 minutes. I’m thinking next week ill make them in a muffin tin instead!
Hope you enjoy!
EASY KETO FRITTATA
- 6 large eggs
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup full-fat whipping cream
- 1/4 cup fresh soft goat cheese
- 4 strips of bacon, organic
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- freshly ground black pepper + salt to taste
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- First, preheat the oven to 400 F / 200 C. Wash and deseed the bell pepper and slice it in small stripes. Chop the spinach.
- Grease baking dish with a tablespoon of coconut pol and add all the ingredients from step 1. Season with salt and cook briefly for about 5 minutes to release the fragrance and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, and cream. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Crumble the soft goat cheese equally all over the vegetables and pour the egg mixture over it. Place it in the oven and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Carefully take the dish from the oven and reduce the temperature to about 350 F / 175 C. Lay the bacon all over the frittata and place back in the oven for an additional 15-20 minutes.
Hey guys! Happy New Year!
Hope everyone had an awesome New Years Eve! I most definitely did and suffered big time yesterday! I decided to end the year BIG because I knew I was about to embark on a new self-care journey, so I totally went a little harder than normal!
Anyways, YES I have decided that for the next lil while I am going to focus on getting healthy! Now before you roll your eyes and think “yeah ok jos, you’re not going to drink wine??” Let me explain.. I’m not saying I won’t have a glass of wine or eat a piece of pizza but I’m really going to make a conscious effort to watch what I eat and drink.
You see, last year I legit gained 10 lbs! 10lbs on my frame is like 20 lbs.. There are a few reasons for this weight gain such as I no longer walk to and from work everyday and haven’t been running as much due to my knees.. but the reality is the most real reason is that I went rogue last year.. Like I said in my last post, I was totally lost and stopped doing a lot of the things I love! So with that being said I am on a mission to get myself feeling good again by doing all the things I love like working out and cooking healthy meals!
Starting tomorrow (after the hockey game tonight) I’m going to be doing a 5 day cleanse.. No sugar, No carbs and No booze! Then from there I’m going to just see how it goes but like I said Im totally going to be cautious of what I’m eating/drinking.. you know, instead of having a glass or two of wine at night while watching TV.. I’m going to have a cup of tea.. or instead of eating a bag of nacho chips.. ill snack on some nuts or celery. LOL
Anyways, I’m definitely going to be writing about how it’s all going.. so please give me a follow.. I’ll post some of the awesome recipes I find and also fill you in on how my work outs are going… About to go to the gym for the first time in weeks! Wish me luck! LOL
PS. if you’re one of my friends or family members please do NOT invite me to do anything that includes carbs or booze for the next 6 weeks.. My ass thanks you in advance! haha.