Growing up my mom used to always make us kids pancakes for breakfast on Sunday mornings and it is one of the traditions that I have kept as a “grown-up”. Whether I order them at a restaurant or I make them at home, pancakes are a serious must have on my Sunday mornings.
Here is my go-to recipe for the most delicious Protein Pancakes. Egg whites, protein powder and ripe bananas make up these low-fat and low-carb pancakes, for a complete and wholesome meal under 200 calories.
- 2 Eggs
- 1/3 cup of dry oats
- 1 scoop of Vega protein powder
- 1 large banana
- 1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Optional – Blueberries, Coconut, any other berries..
- In two bowls, separate the eggs carefully so none of the yolk gets into the egg whites. Beat the egg whites on high for 2 minutes until they form soft peaks.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the egg yolks and beat until smooth. Gently fold ⅓ of the egg white mixture into the banana mixture until roughly combined. Fold half of the remaining eggs whites into the mixture and finally the last portion until everything is well combined.
- Heat a skillet over low heat. Scoop ¼ c. of the mixture onto the skillet and cook for 60-90 seconds on each side.
- Add your favourite toppings and enjoy!